Saturday, February 17, 2007

Back in Brush...

So I am finally back in Brush again. It's weird, but I felt excited to be coming "home" to Brush! It has been my home these last 4 months, I guess! But it sure beats the hotel (not that it was bad).

Two things.

One: my parents made an offer on a house that was accepted. They now have 7 days to sell their house, which they just put on the market today. If they sell in 7 days, then they are moving in April! Whoa. Starting grad school, it will be in a new house. Crazy. There's a pool...which is PERFECT come summer time!

Two: Driving back to Brush I was listening to K-Love (yes, somewhat cheesy), and the lady dj said something that, surprisingly, made me think. I don't remember her exact words, but she said something about how we should be ones who live from our convictions when the times get tough.

I was like...WHOA again. Live from our convictions? When do you EVER hear about that in church? Convictions are crucial to life as a Christian, though. I mean, why else would we choose not to get drunk, or choose not to "enjoy" sex pre-maritally, or choose not to be rude to jerky people at work? Would you characterize yourself as someone who not only says you have convictions, but actually lives by them? I'm thankful that, even if we answer honestly to that question and perhaps the answer is "no," we have the hope of Christ! If we are not currently a conviction-driven person, we can become one! That is what Christ does--He brings life, hope, joy as we choose to overcome.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home