Monday, January 29, 2007

Home has a new meaning for me

I have come to understand what "home" is really about in a new way. Not just since I've been gone, but also since things change.

Home has nothing to do with location. It's not Seattle, or Kirkland, or Brush, or even Yakima.It has everything to do with people. It is the people who make us either feel welcome or not. Feel safe or not. Feel loved or not.

Right now, as I type, I am sitting in my parent's house, but I am right at home. These people welcome, provide a sense of safety, and extend unconditional love. Just like we're supposed to.

I've been surprised, lately, that Christian love can seem to have so many faces. However. It only has one face. And that is the face of Jesus.

I guess I'm not really home even here. Home is face-to-face, heart-to-heart, with my Savior. I want nothing less.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

the michael buble song "home" often nearly brings me to tears because it is so wistful. home is so not a place, but a feeling about those people you are most at home with. in its best definition, home is Jesus' presence, whether on earth or in heaven, but eternal unimaginable home is when we reach our Savior's arms in heaven. ohhh.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home