Friday, January 19, 2007

Pregnancy and babies

This has nothing to do with my current life situation.

However, I don't know where or when or why, but the beauty of babies has been born in my brain! :)

I just ended an hour-and-a-half conversation with my best friend growing up, Mal-bear. It was wonderful. I really want to move back to Yakima now!

But besides the fact that we can always pick up right where we left off...she is pregnant with her second child! She is about 15 weeks along, and will find out the sex of her baby in another 3 weeks. We talked babies (though I am mostly naive) for half the conversation--and I loved it.

How beautiful. This is the 2nd friend of mine who is pregnant.

What a gloriously beautiful thing. I can't stop saying it. It's beautiful. The miracle of a new human life developing inside of a woman's body after 2 cells merged together. A human life who needs the love of Jesus. Wow. Children ARE a gift.

Though I'm perfectly content with NOT being married and a mother right now, the joy of such things, particularly motherhood, is developing (heh) in my heart. I have no idea how long it will be until this dream comes to fruition (if God is willing), but I am excited for the day to come when it does. What more of a Godly calling then to raise up a child (children) in the Lord?

Now, I may never have children. But that doesn't mean I can't raise up people in the Lord. That is what I'm MADE to do.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

that's so cool that you wrote about that, ash. i have been thinking lately how annoying i must be because i talk about my little babies i nanny ALL the time. i brag about their first words, steps, and growth from infancy into toddlerhood. i get excited when the oldest one goes through his first moments of potty training. i relate stories and phrases of the time spent with them and laugh hysterically, much harder than anyone else.

and when i am with them. i hold them, i hug them, i cuddle them, i kiss them like crazy, i tickle them, i tell them i love them. really, i adore these little guys.

i cant help but think how much i love them though i am only with one for 6 hours a week and the others for about 8-12 hours a week. how much am i going to love, cherish, talk and brag about my own children in the future? wow. how much greater is the Lord's love for us? wow. pretty incredible basically.

and how phenomenal, mind boggling, unfathomable is it that those babies i feed sweet potatoes, read books about dinosaurs to, and teach pattycake were not so long ago a tiny little zygote in their mother's body, completely helpless an dependent. leaves me speechless.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home