Monday, January 08, 2007

Not what you think

I am lonely. But not in the sense of how you might imagine it. Not lonely in the sense of I am here in Brush again by myself. In fact, now could not be a more perfect time for me to be away. I am thankful for it. So thankful. I kicked butt in kick-boxing today because it is a way for me to deal. I imagined myself (through the power of God) kicking Satan's a**. Yes, it's true. He is defeated and he is going down. There is no way I am standing by any more and allowing him to win little victories in my life or in the lives of those around me. Not as much as it is in my ability to pray and intercede.

And yet, I was 100% convicted and simultaneously encouraged last night. The next few months or years (or hopefully, the rest of my life), you might start getting annoyed by how much I am going to be clinging to Scripture as my refuge, but it is just that. My refuge. Like never before.

"Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful. The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. This is the outcome of allowing Jesus to satisfy every area of life to its depth. The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him."

The previous was written by good ol' Ozzie (i.e O.Chambers).

I fear that I don't fit that mold. Alas, I strive for it day in and day out, whether or not it's a good or a bad day. "For he has not given us a spirit of timidity, but of power, of love, and of self discipline" (2 Tim 1.7).

I WILL NOT WALK IN TIMIDITY! I have been given power, love, and the ability to walk in holiness every day of my life. I have a Helper who has come alongside of me. No, it's not a wife. It's the Holy Spirit (though the connotation for both [Holy Spirit and "helpmeet for Adam"] is the same). Thank you, Jesus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

you go girl! kick satan's booty!

um...you still need to teach me some kick boxing skills! :)

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home