Thursday, December 14, 2006

The last few days!

"It is complete!" Yes, I just finished doing laundry, packing, and preparing for the last day of work here in Brush for about 3 weeks! What's left: cleaning, sleeping, waking, working, and picking up my dear father from the airport! And lastly...the drive. :) The drive is supposed to take 17hours 30minutes from here to Yakima, as suggested by lovely mapquest. I am praying that such is the case! Weather can be unpredictable at best, but God is the author!

Honestly, the excitement hasn't hit quite yet. Work is exhausting, though worthwhile and good. It will be lovely to enjoy the company of those I love the best. This is going to be one of my favorite Christmas's yet. Not only because of the beautiful gift of Jesus, but also because my brother will be home from the Air Force, and we'll all be together for at least 5 days! And I will be blessed with seeing people I haven't seen for 3 months. Thank the Lord.

So, I've been thinking. Why do we give gifts? What is the purpose?

Do we give in order to be given in return?

Theoretically speaking, the ideal definition (in my terms) of giving is:
Giving necessarily denotes sacrificial offering without an expected return. If we can't give with this kind of attitude, it's not really giving, is it? I would recommend, don't give a gift if you don't mean it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

hurray! you are almost on your way home, abes! i am praying for your little travels since i didnt get to chat with you last night. call me if you get bored on saturday or sunday.

i hope the last day in brush is fantastic! only 17 hours? you were worried over that? ;) we are driving 17 hours straight to CA on the 30th to Sarah and Erik's...all in one day. yikes! what am i getting myself into?

as for gifts...i love to give them thoughtfully and purposefully. i think it shows people that i really know them and that i care enough to take quite a good deal of time to create, find, think of their gift. i cannot tell you the countless hours i have already spent on those powwow cd's and am still not near done, but the fact is that there is love, sweat, time, energy, and so much excitement in those cd's so i know it's worth it because i want you all to be able to listen to them and be transported to a drive to Texas or the Cheesecake Factory or Guy 100! :) know what i mean? that's what i think of gifts. i would rather people give me nothing if they are going to give something unthoughtful and useless. that is actually sometimes hurtful to me. if youre going to do that just give me a $5 bill. but i am a quality time person so if i know people spent time creating/getting my gift it means a lot of if they give time as a gift, so beautiful to me! :) ok, enough. bed time.

HAPPY LAST DAY IN BRUSH!!

11:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a fun trip!

10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home