Monday, November 27, 2006

Potty mouth...

Eeek...do you ever get frustrated at yourself? I did...this weekend!

I have been learning much from the Lord, and yet, still I am, well, me. Imperfect, mean, indifferent, uncaring.

I hate speech that is not edifying--cussing, name-calling, etc. And we don't have to say "bad" words to fit into such speech. But it has been brought to my attention, which I am thankful for (because I can change) that I say "crap" or "what the crap?" a lot. Seriously, I don't even like that word or that saying! It's a stupid ugly habit. I'm working on it. Working on my speech being edifying, even if I'm carsick, or annoyed, or tired.

I've got a ways to go...

NO more potty-mouth for me! :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have a potty mouth too. It never bothered me until I had a baby. I don't want my childs' first words to be 4 letter words. I have a swear jar now, and every time I swear I have to put a dollar in. My kid is a year old now and he has close to 200 dollars in the jar. Believe it or not, it is really helping!

pathmom1

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home