Sunday, November 26, 2006

The events of the weekend.

Yes, it was a very crazy, busy, travel-filled weekend of Thanksgiving. My parents, youngest brother, and I flew to California to visit my grandparents in Sonora. Let me tell you, Sonora is not typical Cali, like one may normally think of Cali. It is nestled in some hills (lots of hills...bring on the Dramamine!) with trees changing colors--red, yellow, green, orange. It was gorgeous. There are some expensive places around there, but it was lovely.

Thanksgiving was on Friday, where the whole side of my dad's family came over to my grandparents' house. We took pictures, ate lots of food (there were 22 of us there), talked and talked and talked. Thankfully, I had my own little room to come home to by myself--too many people make me need to recover alone. It was good though.

My great-grandma is still alive. She is 94. And the funny part was that, though she is small and old, my big uncle kept asking her if she wanted any more drinks (she had one pomegranate martini). At one point after he asked her again, she thumped her fists on the counter and said, "Bring it on."

We all cracked up. Yep, that's my dad's side of the family. Big. German. Likes alcohol and sausages. Weird...nothing that I have in common.

Alas, I am home now (in Brush), and am dog-tired. It's time to prepare for the next few weeks, take a bubble bath, and talk to my love. I miss you, friends of mine! But I'll see you all too soon. Another thing, what is going on here? Washington is getting dumped on with snow AND rain, but Colorado (the place that's supposed to have bad weather) is still 50 degrees out, dry as a stick, and sunny. RAIN! Come back! SNOW! I miss you!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

sounds like you had a lovely time with the familia. how nice 22 people! i missed our big thanksgiving. there were only 9 of us. so small. cant wait to see you in one month. smooches.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

:o)

4:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home