Friday, October 27, 2006

Frustrations! And joys!

Okay, so I finally found out when I'm going to be able to come home! YEAH! I will be driving back to Seattle on December 16-17ish (provided the weather is good, please be praying for safety). I'll be in Seattle for that week until the weekend before Christmas, when of course I will be driving home to be with family and finally see my Air Force brother for the first time since he left! I'll then return to Seattle for a few weeks (until January 2nd or 3rd) and will be back in Brush again. Until January 24th. And...Finally. I will return to my life in Kirkland, where it will mostly resume as normal (though I will come back to Brush 3 more times over the course of about 4 months, for a total of 6 more weeks).

Yes, it is insane. And you may be wondering, okay, what are the "frustrations!" you were talking about? And what are the "joys!"?

Joys
1. I see my mom in a week.
2. I see 2 of my roommates in 2 weeks.
3. It's almost Thanksgiving (and that means my friends will let me listen to Christmas music WITHOUT getting annoyed) :)
4. I'll be going home in LESS than 2 months! WHOO HOO!! (Please don't get me wrong, I love it here. I just miss y'all.)
5. My brother will be home for Christmas, and so we'll all be together for Christmas.
6. I won't be back in Brush for more than 3 weeks at a time after December. NO MONTHS!! ONLY WEEKS! YEAH! Counting down months is no fun. But I guess it's better than counting down years...or DECADES. Okay, I guess that months aren't sounding so bad now... :)

Frustrations
1. I don't get to see J until Jan. 24th, and I thought I'd be able to see him in mid-December. That's an entire MONTH longer. (Again...that month theme...)
2. Tania, I don't get to see you for, like, 10 more months (unless we visit you...)

Of course, as you can see, the joys out-weight the frustrations. And I only listed a few of the material joys. I have been seeking the joy of the Lord too, and though many times it eludes me, at other times, I actually am joyful. And really, there is no need for frustration, because the Lord is good and He is my Rock.

I so very long to be held, though. Don't you? Man. Sometimes the longing just for a hug, to be held and allowed to be weak, is so overwhelmingly painful. Especially when you're alone. And as I'm reading other friends' blogs, it is 100% possible to be alone with other people around. I warned my mom already. I said in all seriousness, "Mom, when I see you at the airport, I seriously think I might hug you forever." She just laughed...nervously.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

ashley i cant wait to see you in a little less than two months, which is like 7 weeks. yippee! i am sending big hugs and squeezes your way. you will make it, friend. hug your mom until she cries! ha.

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home