Thursday, October 12, 2006

May take a while...

Hey friendly friends of mine. I am finally moved into my apartment (yeah!). It's weird, I have so much space and there's just little ol' me! Where are the friendly friends? :)

But just in case you cared, I don't have ready internet access anymore, so I can't post AS frequently on this blog or on my book in progress blog. I have to go to another town (Ft. Morgan, which is like 10 minutes away) and use the community college's wireless there. Seriously, you'd think that the Brush Library would be an option...but no. There's no such thing as "wireless" in little towns. Or at least hardly anywhere. *Sigh* But that's okay, I get to do some writing on my own, some knitting, or painting, or fostering little kittens...whatever I want!

Don't worry those of my friends who are worried, I am not being a freak and not meeting or talking to people. In fact, during the days my job are so very completely PEOPLE oriented, and that it is wonderful! I love it. But y'all don't QUITE understand Brush. For those who are visiting soon, you may get the picture. But when you encourage me to hang out with people in the evenings...nice try. Thanks a bundle for the encouragement. But if you didn't know, I'm not the type to be averse to hanging out or anything. Here's a picture of Brush: Stores close at 5 or 6 typically, unless it's a grocery store or fast-food. Families or old people live here in Brush. They don't 'hang out' per se. I'll have lunch with them during the days, but as far as, "hey, wanna go to a movie tonight?" that's just not reasonable! It gets dark at about 6pm...and quiet. There are bars (which I am NOT going to go to). And there is one cafe which is open until 8pm (I have gone there quite a bit...and I'm usually the only one there other than a few older people who come in).

I am currently sitting at a place that you would think might be semi-teeming with people my own age (a community college library), but there are about 2 people in sight. One is a man who looks like he's in his 40s and the other is the middle-aged lady that works here!

I did go to a movie 2 weekends ago with a girl who works for Lindamood-Bell as well, but she was just visiting from Cheyenne, Wyoming (which is about 2 hours away). We saw a movie with her 2 nephews who are about 10 and 5. It was fun, it really was. But that's just a little picture of the options here. Y'all know me, I am a very friendly person. If there were people my age to meet to hang out with, I have 1) either not met them yet or 2) they don't exist!

So...I don't need anybody to encourage me to make friends or hang out. In fact, it's kind of frustrating! So don't worry. I do that and will do that. And if you could understand, from about 6pm until the next morning at 8am, when I go to work, there's nobody to talk to or hang out with.

I don't mind being alone, and I am enjoying this time to be more independent than I would ever have had I stayed where I was, and I also don't need or want anybody's "encouragement to make friends." I am doing that...it just so happens to be with women who are 40 or older. Which is great, it just means a different social life than y'all are used to, than I am used to. The Lord's will is my desire, and I need those people who ARE my friends from back home to keep supporting me, and I mean just that...supporting. I know I can make it on my own. I am. And I will.

I do love you guys!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

it's hard to comment online about this. i am sure we will talk about it later. thanks for sharing though.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home