Sunday, October 01, 2006

Starting a new blog...and I need your help!

Hey friends, I am starting a new blog that I am actually really excited about!

While I am gone, I have some good time on my hands that I can at least attempt something that I've always wanted to do. Write a book. It might seem a little ridiculous, and honestly, it probably will suck! But I am going to have fun doing it AND fill up some of these lonely/long days away from home.

My only request is that, as you guys have time to read it, please leave your comments, ideas, and critiques. (Just try not to be too brutal...and if you need to be brutal, then do it. I can handle it. I'm an English major, remember?)

My inspiration comes from the Sword of Truth series and the reality of my life as a Christian, which you will probably feel that even from reading my first entry, but I want this to be an original. Somehow, I want this to be a Christian story, but not one of those cheesy, "oh wow, read that before." I want it to be deep, real, and profound, something that will surprise the reader in the end that it is a story about the power, goodness, and love of God. Something that can change somebody's life, can change MY life.

I know those are some high goals, but that's my aspiration, and I have to at least aim high. I have good friends to help me too. Honestly, I have no idea how it will turn out, but I want to give it a try.

The link is http://ashbookinprogress.blogspot.com.

Sorry I can't get the actual link "linked" onto the address. You can either cut and paste, or click on "view my complete profile" and then click the link at the bottom. Phoowee. Does anyone know why the link option when posting is no longer available?

2 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

okey dokey. i posted! when's the next addition?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Dulcinator said...

ok...so exciting. i cant wait to read. i am so incredibly impressed. way to use time wisely. you know, i think that writing a books sounds terribly daunting, but when you think about writing it in sections, that's doable. i think that i will do that in some form or another some day. but i am glad that you are not "some day-ing." you are doing it now. yay!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home