Monday, September 25, 2006

A new home...barren and dry

The countryside rolls on for miles. Literally, miles. In fact, quite possibly thousands of miles. Alas, I am here in Brush, safe in my hotel, and pondering the future. Though it may sound all profound, the future that I am pondering is really quite simple. Tomorrow. What will my first day of work bring? Before saying good-bye to Kassi at the Denver International Airport, we ate at Chili's, and I felt like hurling. Too bad the first thing to go for me, when I am anxious, is my appetite. But we had a great time on our little road trip. We drove long and hard the first day, but rejoiced when stopping at the Fleming's house, where we enjoyed the Fleming family (though Tania was not there), delicious food, and good sleep. And our second day saw...well guess. More driving! The countryside is beautiful and we had a hayday of picture-taking! Lastly, the third day (which is still going on) saw sleeping in, food, and shopping at Walmart. Then...I said good-bye to dear Kassi! How wonderful and scary.

But still, I know the Lord is good and my friends and family back home support me. Those two things alone are what fuel me. Seriously, I know I could make it with the Lord alone, but I have confidence because of the people who believe in me. Thank you for believing in me. And though in the next couple of months you may not ponder the times that I have spoken life into you, while I am gone, there will be many times when I will take another step alone because of something one of you has spoken and breathed into me.

I look forward to a number of things right now:

1. Working in a school to teach.
2. Seeing my friends in early November (bring warm clothes, y'all).
3. Going to California for Thanksgiving.
4. Finding a new church family to rely upon and worship with.
5. Talking to each of you on the phone, whether middle of the day or late into the night (don't worry Dulcy, it won't be too long).
6. Shopping for snow boots.
7. Giving a big LONG hug to each of you when I return.

2 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

ash, i can't wait to hear about how it's going. i am, have been, and will continue to be proud of you. You're so strong, and yet you have a stronger God that is taking care of you. I'll try to call you tonight to hear about how the first couple days went. And yes, we're looking at flights. :) love you.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Dulcinator said...

hieeee. i can handle talking with you on the phone because we dont talk about meaningless things and because we talk often enough that we dont have to update about pointlessness. essentially...call me frequently (a few times a week, once a week, whatever) and we will talk for a short bit and we will be happy.

seriously, no matter how long you are gone where ever and whenever, i will not forget the times you have spoken life into me. there is one time that is repeatedly echoing in my mind right now. remind me to tell you what it is cause i cant tell you on a blog.

so true though...we could definitely live with just our own selves and the Lord, but having family and friends (tangible people) personally support us, that's what gives us a little boost to keep on keepin' on. i know exactly what you mean.

i wish i was coming in november...and i will be waiting in thrilling anticipation for the day when we are embracing! :) yippee.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home