Sunday, September 03, 2006

Forgotten

Through the course of the last couple of months, I have forgotten what it means to be loved.

Which is absolutely ridiculous.

I write this on the eve of saying good-bye to a brother. On the eve of saying good-bye to my family before I leave on my own excursion to Colorado. And it's been a lot of posting, but I guess I need it more for myself than anybody else.

I had forgotten, or more realistically, could not believe, that anybody could or would want to fight for me. My friends saw this, but only the Lord understood it intimately in my heart. I have been unable to believe the Lord that He sees me as His beloved, His bride. I have been unable to believe my worth. Have you ever been there? I write this for you.

But today I read again that the Lord is the King in armour, riding mighty, strong, and tall. FOR ME.

"Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson?
Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of this strength?
'It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save.'
Why are your garments red, like those of one treading the winepress?
'I have trodden the winepress alone, from the nations no one was with me.
I trampled them in my anger and trod them down in my wrath;
their blood spattered my garments, and I stained all my clothing.
For the day of vengeance was in my heart,
and the year of my redemption has come'" (Isaiah 63.1-4).

Wow. These couple of verses breathed life back into me today. That the Lord, mighty to save, is not just gentle and kind, but He strides forward in the greatness of strength, fighting all enemies, against all odds, all alone, in order to save me, to save the people of God.

As women, we need to believe this. And men too, because the Lord is Lord of all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home