Saturday, August 26, 2006

A Gee family extravaganza

It was a glorious day--sunny, warm, and relaxing. I slept in, saw some sights, ate some food, and bought some bathroom decor, and...I did it all with my dear Gee friends--Ging and Jules, and their daddy-o! :) It was a glorious day.

First, the man. We met the man again today, at about 12:30pm at a little hole-in-the-woods joint named Dixie's. The man burned through a few mouths, but we survived with a few more stains on our clothes and tears in our eyes. And a few sweat-drenched napkins from the top of dear Mr. Gee's head. You should have seen it. Habanero's? That ain't nothing.

Second, Alchi Beach. I don't even know what to say. I'm a first-timer to Alchi beach, but I don't know why!!! It didn't even feel like Seattle anymore. Why didn't anybody tell me that this beach is actually a BEACH? I thought it was one of those "beaches" like along Lake Washington where you run out on a dock and jump in a freezing lake. This was NOT that. I thought we were in San Francisco. The joggers, the beach volleyball players (whew, that was HOT), and the cute pregnant ladies with their hubbies? Awesome. Oh, and did I mention--REAL sand?

Third, a little meandering around the beach part of West Seattle. Holy guacamole. This is the PLACE to live. Or the place to go on a great date! Wow. It was rockin.

Fourth and last, a short trip to Ikea, where I made yet another purchase (*sigh*) for my bathroom. I'm liking this. And it's bad. I could become addicted to decorating. When will I have my own house? :)

And that was my lovely day. I got a little sleepy toward the end--content and all. But then I stopped by the Christian bookstore to buy a Bible for my brother (who leaves in 1 week for Air Force basic training), and I started feeling surprisingly emotional (considering it was such a fun day). The tears wanted to come (they didn't), but it's a big deal when you have a younger brother leaving for the Air Force and you're buying him a Bible that you hope he reads someday, you're buying him a Bible that shares the only truth. And suddenly, you realize how much you love some people. It's staggering.

1 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

hi friend~ i'm so glad you got to participate in the gee family extravaganza!! just think-in about a couple weeks we can even add two more gee's to that mixture (mom and KC)and what a party that'll be! seriously, i love it that you're cool just hanging out with us. sigh. i feel like i'm with family when i'm with you.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home