Friday, August 04, 2006

Update on life

No, I am not going to be going on any 5-month excursion for work. Though some may be disappointed (it's just weird b/c corporate still hasn't contacted me), I am really quite happy, in fact, joyful, where I am right now. Honestly, the prospect of leaving to teach somewhere else was awesome, and I totally said yes in my heart and mind. But that is not what is in store at this point. I am totally willing to go in the future. In fact, I am so thankful for the Lord's faithfulness in prayer.

The way things have worked out has answered different prayers in ways I never expected. I am just extremely blessed by the church I am attending now. I met with the Women's Pastor today, from Calvary Christian Assembly, and will be singing in the choir and (hopefully) helping mentor some of the middle/high school girls in the youth group. We'll see where things go for sure. But one way or another, I am bubbling with joy AND happiness at the idea of being involved and planted again in a church! And it is a church where the Lord's presence is evident and is moving. I met some people on the staff today too who seem genuine, kind, and passionate. My heart is so light and I am incredibly thankful to have peace. Of course, I don't forget the pains and the hurts of yesterday, but I don't question the Lord when He chooses to bless in often strange ways!

1 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

Ash, i can't explain to you how excited i am for you to get plugged into your church. i know how much you've been wanting that, and i'm thrilled for you. hey, let me know how soccer practice goes, ok?

4:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home