Thursday, July 27, 2006

Seeing it through

Once in a while when the earth comes cold
you'll spot a place of sun;
and before your eyes can look away
the rest of you will run
straight into that blast of red
that is someone's angry pain;
you'll stand for just a second
and warm, remember her again.
*ES*
God gives the desolate a home to live in. Psalm 68.6


My work is holding me through, and God and friends, of course. But I am thankful for work, not to be idle, because then my mind is on other things, on others, more specifically. Today I actually felt functional at work for the first time in several weeks. I could laugh with the kids (and at them). I could put more of ME into what I was doing. And I felt the results. I had better teaching sessions and more of a positive outcome with the students. Thank you for your faithfulness, Lord.

I chose these 2 literary "pieces" above because they seem to fit my life so perfectly right now. I love how the literary works that we so randomly decide to read can sometimes be so soothing, like a balm. There is nothing like words, like Words, to make life worth living. Some people have a way with words. I am always thankful to meet people with such a gift. That's why it's so incredibly AMAZING that God is the Word. All these little connections in this world help me to see and believe even more in a God that I can't touch or see tangibly. I must live by faith no matter the time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are some links that I believe will be interested

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home