Monday, May 22, 2006

Too much sleep

I've been thinking a lot lately (I've had time). And I've been realizing a few things.

1. It is possible to love in a way that is not Godly. The Bible says "God is love," not "love is God." In the math world, the two would be synonymous, but they aren't.
It is NOT a = b thus b = a. It's only: "God is love."

2. I try to save people whom I love. I can't.

3. I am weak and I don't like to admit it.

4. I am strong and I like to admit it.

5. Jesus said we must be willing to give up all that is closest to us, including husbands, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, children, and friends, if it would be for His glory. Usually we don't have to physically give these things up, but if we did...if for some reason these were taken away, would we still love and obey Him?

6. I am afraid of being alone. But we are in this world, not of it. This is not our home. I am not home here, as much as I think I am.

7. Being self-controlled is hard. Being self-sacrificing is harder.

8. God created humans as sexual beings, but that does not define us.

9. Modesty is important as a Christian who is a woman. My body is not my own, but the Lord's; it is the temple of the living God. As is the body of any man or woman in Christ.

10. I was made to have purpose. Right now, not having a job, I really have to evaluate in whom I find purpose. I'm realizing that my purpose is often defined by what I do, rather than what God says.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home