Friday, April 21, 2006

A humbling, yet not, encounter

Really, it wasn't much of an encounter. But the wife of the man who pastors the largest church in the world, in Seoul, South Korea, looked at my room today and smiled at me. I smiled at her and said hi.

Wow.

My life has not changed from this "encounter." Nor do I feel awestruck because I met such an incredible woman. Rather, I am encouraged in my faith because I met a fellow worker in Christ who loves the Lord. We are sisters despite cultural differences, language barriers, and social norms. She spoke today on having a dream, that "Without a vision, the people perish." And it is so true. For a brief second, as we prayed at the end, I felt the Spirit whisper, "Did you hear that, Ashley?" Yes, I did. A dream. Hold onto my dream. Have a dream. And I do. And I will.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ginger said...

A great perspective on what others might call a "major encounter". Thanks for the encouragement!

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home