Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hope--a hospital?

A dear friend of mine desires to start a hospital one day, a hospital of hope for the people who come to it--hope for physical recovery and hope for spiritual saving. That is amazing. That is worth giving our lives and money to. Hope is often the difference between life and death. I will cling to that hope, and share that hope with others, for the rest of my life.

Another friend just lost a loved one to suicide.

Do you know how ragingly mad that makes me? How incomprehensibly furious? And do you know what I am mad at? It's Satan and his scheming. When people are lost and, say, they do drugs or are addicted to sex...they still have time to come to Christ and be saved. A person who commits suicide loses this time. And I HATE it because Satan rejoices at the deaths of people, and I think particularly at death caused by suicide.

Jesus Christ is life and HOPE! I can't even express what I feel inside at the truth of this. It makes my stomach weak and my heart strong, so strong I literally feel like it will burst out of my chest sometimes. And the rage I feel, I believe, is the righteous rage of the Spirit, who fights for life for people.

In the words of my friend, "Jesus, I need you." Jesus, we need you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah, ash. i want to give my cousin hope so badly. the drinking, the sex, the rebellion, the self-mutuliation. i cannot express how angry and desperate that makes me feel as well. it just means that we should NEVER be ashamed of our faith because our time is so short on this earth and for that matter, so the time is short for those we love.

those who are yearning and crying out for a sliver of hope in this desolate world. there is hope. there is so much hope. we need to live for that hope unconditionally and not give any credit to the one who sickeningly rips people's hopes to shreds for pleasure. rejoice...do not be anggry...for we know a living God who gives us life, hope, salvation, beauty, passion, love, comfort, healing, provision, and peace though we deserve nothing.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

But see, the anger I feel, I believe, is justified, is good. It makes me do something. It's righteous. I do have to make sure that it stays that way, but it is a rage directed against evil. That is good, I believe. We're supposed to hate evil. And I do.

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the only justified anger is righetous anger. you are right. and in that respect, i feel rage and anger with you overwhelmingly so. but i hope that the anger i possess does not continue to overwhelm, but instead that it will move me to bring change and result in justice and rejoicing.

10:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home