Friday, March 17, 2006

The Book of Mormon

Micahn and his wife have 2 children, both boys. The oldest boy is probably 5 or 6 now, and I had a dream about them the other night, a very vivid dream. You see, this family serves the Lord and is anointed by God. Micahn came to Christ later in life after being a partyer, drug addict, and womanizer. He and his wife married before either became Christians. But God radically changed their lives, and they are now great leaders and evangelizers in my church at home. They have seen miracles in their lives and God spared their youngest son once when he should have been dead (he had quit breathing after one day he almost drowned to death in a puddle of water not more than 2 inches deep). God has proven his faithfulness to this family of amazing testimony. I say all this as background to my dream.

I dreamt that I was visiting my home church and they were there. Now, in real life, this family has always been on my heart to cover in prayer because I believe God has called me to pray for them throughout my life. In my dream, Micahn's oldest son (who again, is 5 or 6) began telling his dad about how he had found a book somewhere that was making him question his belief in Jesus Christ. He thought the book sounded really good and that it might be true, and not Christianity. The boy had the book with him and he gave it to his dad.

At this point, everything else disappeared except for Micahn and the book. All of a sudden we were outside in a forest where it felt like some type of a cult had met. Micahn began praying and interceding, rebuking Satan and the evil of this book. And all of a sudden the book appeared in my hands, and I could sense so strongly the evil and the deception radiating from the book. I began speaking in tongues and praying for God to destroy/loose the evil and bind it. I admit, it was frightening.

And then I woke up, praying and interceding, not only for Micahn's family, but for the power of this deception to be destroyed.

The book's origin I do not remember exactly, but I believe that it was the Book of Mormon. It may have been an Islamic book, but I think it was the Book of Mormon.

I write this because it was such a vivid dream, and I don't often have spiritual dreams like that. But I take the meaning and feeling quite literally. Christ and the message that He brings is not just the Truth. But it is a message that brings peace and not fear, good and not evil, freedom and not captivity. I am so broken for the many millions of people who worship gods of this world--gods that are not living, that do not have eyes to see, do not have ears to hear the cries of people. The living God IS real. He is longing to destroy evil and deliver those who are deceived and blind. And we, His children, are the vessels He is using to do that. The sense of desperation for people that I felt in my dream, I hope that only intensifies through my life as I realize that boys and girls, men and women, are dying without knowing the living Savior, Jesus Christ, and are giving their lives to deception and death, binded to lies and an empty pit. They do not need to be. A Savior died and rose again to deliver and set them free.

I'm telling you, in this dream, everything inside of me was screaming. And my spirit cried for freedom, for Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home