Sunday, March 05, 2006

I agreed

How much did you agree to serve for?

In summary, that is the question our pastor asked that really challenged me today.

He meant in context of how much did I agree in a contract with the Lord concerning my life. Obviously, Christ is the one who paid with his life for my sins, but when I accepted him and gave him my life, I said I would serve him with everything no matter the cost to me, because my life is His. I agreed to everything. That is the only way to accept Christ: to agree to everything.

The truth of that statement helps me to continue coming back to him even when I stray, even when I sin and think that I cannot overcome. My contract, or covenant, says that even when I mess up, I agreed to serve him with everything. I have to come back. Thankfully, He freely extends his grace and love each time.

Each time we return, it's like the prodigal son coming home again. The Father waiting for us has been waiting since we left. It's not a matter of salvation so much as it's a matter of grace, of coming on our knees, with our head covered and beating our breast, only to find a Father who picks us up, who is the lifter of our heads.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home