Friday, February 17, 2006

Lunch with daddy

Teriyaki Madness is delicious, but the company I enjoyed today was immeasurably better! I forget how much a good dad is SUCH a blessing. I am thankful beyond words for my dad. He is wise. He is goofy. He is big and strong. He is smart and teaches me stuff that I don't know. I love my dad.

I wish that everybody in the world, all the old and the young, had the opportunity to enjoy the love of a good father. If you haven't, I am sorry because a good dad is a good thing. At the same time, other males have the power to be good men in a woman's life too. Her grandpa, her uncle, her pastor, her brother, her friend, her husband... Speaking as a woman, I know the powerful influence that a man's presence or lackthereof can have on a woman. Of course, it is not all-encompassing. But know this, a man who loves and respects women brings goodness back on himself. Not only that, but he lifts up that friend, daughter, wife, mother, etc. who, to some degree, needs him. A woman can know who she is without men (we have the Lord for that), but male and female were created for companionship. I think that a good man (and I have to say a Godly one too), whoever he is to her, brings out the best in a woman. And vice versa. My dad makes me feel cherished.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lunch with my not-so-little, little girl can be a humbling experience. You are a beautiful, intelligent and strong woman. Your father and your Father know but you have to have faith and believe. I am truly blessed and proud to have a daughter like you that has a heart and passion for the Lord and other people. I know that there will be more souls in Heaven as a result of your love and obedience toward Him.

Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite....

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ashley, you are so freakin' lucky. honestly, your words bring tears. i cant wait to provide my children with a father who is a true man of God and is unconditionally trustworthy, showing them everyday how he cherishes them.

the hurt of not having a father who i can trust consistently will stick with me the rest of my life, i think, though the Lord heals me as the days go on.

since i have never experienced what you have had your entire life and will continue to have in a truly loving father, please, hear my plee....never take your dad for granted. you are far more lucky than you know. one's father is irreplacable; i will be forever reminded of that. i am thankful for the Lord's hope and healing strength. i admire your dad even though i barely know him. his strength, character, goofiness, and passion have rubbed off on you making you a beautiful woman. jim aberle is a cool dude!!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

That is a good reminder, Dulc. I try not to take my dad for granted, and knowing my friends who have not had good fathers helps me to remember and cherish that I am blessed with a loving dad. I am excited for you to one day marry a man and raise a family with him, and that he will show you what a good husband and father is. I am glad that God is a good Father, always.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Ash said...

There is this passage in Scripture that always jumps out at me, reminding me of truly Godly dads/husbands: "Many a man claims to have unfailing love, but a faithful man who can find?" Proverbs 20.6
I guess we all need to aspire to faithfulness led by love. Faithfulness proves love, doesn't it?

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home