Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Romantic V-day

Yes and yes and yes. Happy Valentine's Day! I sit here in the cold Writing Center pondering how much more romantic it could be than to sit in a cold room, under a library, at an old computer, reading Jane Eyre. Sound lovely? Oh, but it is! I don't mind. :)

I hope all my friends have a romantic Valentine's Day. Why? Because whether or not you have a "love," we all have the love of One who won't stop loving us--a God who always has been and always will be the lover of our souls. How much more romantic can you get? (Well...I guess it can get more romantic, but it will never get less.) God is just so good that He will add to/involve others in that love!

So, when love comes, it'll be so much better already knowing Jesus' love, already knowing that other love may fail, but God's never will. "Love is patient, love is kind, [...] love never fails."

To all the other hopelessly romantic friends I know (yes, I include myself), Happy Valentine's Day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah for hopeless romantics! you know, if we're true romantics, wouldn't that mean that we have more hope than everyone else? Happy Valentine's Day!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Amen to that! maybe we should recoin the phrase to be "hopeful romantics".

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home