Sunday, February 12, 2006

Beautiful, beautiful day

Oh...l'amore! Beauty. Depth. Renewal. How I love nature, how I need to be outside and active in order to function normally. I had forgotten before my drive home through the sunny, radiant mountains just how much we need to take care of our hearts first before we can affect others' hearts.

I can just close my eyes and be transferred to another world, a world of pine trees blowing slightly in the wind, a cold river of mountain run-off gurgling beside a campfire, a sunset that really does make me tingle all over. It is a reminder that creation cries out to God, reaches up to the heavens, and that my soul, my spirit, does too.

I know that not everybody enjoys being outside or getting dirty, but I see God so clearly in nature. I do not worship the creation, but the Creator, whom I see in His creation. My heart dies without the fresh reality of wind, of air, of grass and sun. If I lived in another day and age, I think that I would have been a traveler on horseback over mountains and across deserts and through storms. I want adventure, to fight! I sound like Belle now, but I do. Praise God that the Christian story is a life of adventure and fighting, a fight that requires more than physical exertion, but a complete battle of one's entire being. We are in a bloody fight for our hearts. Take care of yours...take time for your heart and maybe ask God, "What do you want with my heart this day?" "Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life" (Proverbs 4.23). This doesn't mean to keep your heart from people, it means to guard it from the Enemy, who wants to steal, kill, and destroy it, to destroy you.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i cannot tell you how many days i am walking, running, or driving and the sun bursts forth brilliantly from behind a big white puffy cloud stretching its rays across the land and revealing majestic glistening mountains, vast sparkling bodies of water, and trees colored with a green that only speaks life and strength. something within me responds so powerfully and in a way unsimilar to any other experience to the creation that God has privileged us with. I find it so hard to comprehend that He painted the skies with a tender touch, He molded the mountains with strong hands, and He planted seeds for us to be able to watch plants grow because He wanted one more way to demonstrate His love to us. That is ridiculously powerful. God rocks my world! I am unworthy, but He still brings out the sun every day. Though I am still a sinner, the water continues to rush gloriously through rivers to the ocean, vast as is His love for me. That is an indescribable God whose love surpasses ALL understanding.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home