Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Smile a little bit

Smiling is good for the soul. True smiling is rejuvenating, not the fake stuff, just like laughing is. And how do we get to the act of laughing...it starts with a smile! :)

Here's a short list of what makes me smile:

1. My dog Homer.
2. Cute little things. It could be anything...a baby, a child, a puppy, etc. Pretty much anything miniature I find adorable. And when it's adorable, I can't help but smile.
3. My dad's sparkly eyes when he is excited about something.
4. The prospect of some people being "elves."
5. When people sneeze and/or laugh.
6. Looking at somebody's face upside down.
7. Giving a good gift to somebody/helping somebody in a meaningful way.
8. Finally understanding a difficult-to-grasp concept.
9. Loving
10. When I see the true human in somebody. It's worth rejoicing over.
11. Watching Elf.
12. Knowing that Jesus is alive and my Savior.

Let's smile more. Some people are natural smilers, like Buddy from Elf ("Smiling's my favorite"), while for others, smiling happens when something really affects them. But we can all practice smiling more. Smile for others, smile for your friends, smile for strangers, smile for Jesus, smile for YOURSELF. :) Just make sure it's real.

So, what makes you smile?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, ashley. i needed that so bad this morning. i just got to work and am having a hard time smiling. let's hope i can make smiling my favorite again soon. your words of encouragement just might help me endure.

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home