Thursday, January 26, 2006

Men and women, so different!

Why is it that men and women are attracted to one another, other than the compelling fact that God created us to need each other? This is coming from my obvious Christian viewpoint.

My ideas (a few) on why a woman wants a man:
1. She wants to be loved. And to love. She needs to love.
2. She wants to be fought for, but she wants to protect the man who fights for the Lord first, and for her second. (In my mind, I see this as the woman at the man's right hand, protecting him from side attacks while he takes the enemy face-on)
3. She wants to be closer to someone who is like her Savior, but knows that he is not and never will be her savior.
4. She wants to be needed and to nurture.

My ideas (a few) on why a man wants a woman:
1. He wants to be loved. And to love. He needs to love.
2. He wants to fight. He is created of and for epic-proportions for the Lord's doing.
3. He needs a resting place, a place of safety and comfort.
4. He wants to be needed.

I know, I'm being cheesy tonight. Don't look too much into it. I am female. :)

There are thousands more reasons why. I love that the Lord shows parts of his nature through the characteristics that dwell in man and in woman. The world perverts the beauty of love, of marriage, and of maleness/femaleness. May we see through the crystal eyes of Christ; may we love with the purity of God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home