Sunday, January 22, 2006

"I'm a surviva"

"I'm a surviva, I gonna make it. I'm a surviva, ain't gonna stop me." Are those the correct lyrics to that song? Oh well, they sound good. :)

I love it that God created us to be fighters, to be born survivors. I mean, think about how frail our bodies really are, and yet how strong the natural human will to survive is. And yet, to be reminded by a friend again today that people can be so low that the will to die is stronger than the will to live, and they would rather end the pain themselves than to keep struggling while they already feel like they're drowning. There's another song on the radio that says, "How can you be so lonely and nobody knows," as the singer talks about a young man committing suicide. It's a sad, sad song because it is such a real occurrence that can never be reversed. Death is so...final. Any option is better than that, even if it means holding on to another day.

God is victorious. HE is our HOPE. Such hope. No matter the pain, the hurt, the betrayal, the loss, the apathy, the loneliness. Pain is real. But all that is bad will end one day. It will. Even if it's not until the last day that the Lord has given us on this earth. But He promises that one day He will wipe the tears from our eyes. Jesus Christ, the life, our life, my life, is worth holding onto until that day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home