Friday, January 13, 2006

More than life

"I love you more than life," we sang in Chapel today. I sang it with my whole heart. And yet something nagged at the back of my mind.

Lord, I do love you more than life. To the point that if you would have my life, it is yours, literally. If I am called to die for your glory, so be it! May it be so! My life is forfeit because it is Christ's. All that I want, I submit to what you want.

As I was thinking, I also realized that, in one aspect of the song, it is wrong. I don't love him more than life because he IS my life. I love that he lives and is the Living God. He is God of the living. He is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Lord, I love you because you are my life. Even when this body dies, all that I have to look forward to, from this point on, is eternal life! Jesus Christ is the way, the truth, and the life. He died so that we might have life and have it to the full, more abundantly. And He lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home