Monday, January 30, 2006

Me and Lord Byron?

One of my biggest personal convictions is to be a person of honesty. To seek the truth and share the truth. All truth is God's truth, is it not?

So, I realized that I am similar to Lord Byron in one aspect. The following could be a description of me, I think. "He (Byron) remained faithful to his code: a determination to tell the truth as he saw it about the world and about himself (his refusal to suppress or conceal any of his moods is in part what made him so contradictory) and a dedication to the freedom of nations and individuals."

With honesty comes an almost seeming contradictory nature, as ironic as that sounds. Honesty as contradictory? But we are complex beings, with sometimes contradictory emotions/thoughts/ideas. I strive, however, in all that I do and speak and act, to be honest and real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home