Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Some friendly visitors

Two friends visited me today. Guess who.

A spider and a mouse.

I killed the spider. And I shooed the mouse outside. But I felt special that they visited me.

The mouse was really cute; it was gray and about 1/3 the size of a computer mouse. His little nose twitched and I accidentally frightened him when I moved. I am afraid of spiders, but not of mice. Actually, spiders give me the jeebees.

Did you know that you can hear bats when they communicate? I heard bats when I went on a mission trip to the Czech Republic in 2002. It's really high-pitched and you almost think that you're going crazy with little sounds in your ears. But then you see little black shadows darting everywhere and you realize, "Hey, that's a bat."

Also, lightning bugs are the coolest bugs in the world to me. I caught one in my hand once when I was outside. He sat on my hand, glowing green until his light faded. Then he flew away.

I hope other friends come to visit today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home