Saturday, April 29, 2006

How to give a speech?

Words can be so powerful, can't they? I mean, when we hear a difficult professor say, "Wow. Great job on this paper," it means a lot. When we hear an employer say, "Thanks for your hard work. Here's a raise," we get pretty happy. When we hear a loved one say, "I love you," it changes us. When we hear Christ say, "You are forgiven," we weep in awe.

So I have a speech to give this coming Friday. And I recognize the power of words, either to bring life or to bring death. Of course, I hope to bring life. Please pray for me that I would effectively minister as God would have me. And that people will come to know Christ in a new way.

But more than words, I am believing for the anointing and moving of the Holy Spirit. God's word does not turn back to him empty or void but accomplishes what he set it out to accomplish. The harvest is ripe. I love it that I never feel more alive than when I minister in some way. We are made to minister to others, to speak and to give of our lives.

I am also believing the Lord for provision in these next weeks. I need money to pay for rent and whatnot. And I also need a good paying job; I'm believing for a job that will pay a minimum of $13 per hour, $15 ideally to start off.

God is good and He is our provider. Do we believe Him for that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home