Sunday, July 16, 2006

A Weekend at home

It was a hot, dry day in Yakima today. Of course it was...it's summertime. What else do you get on the east side of the Cascades? Other than maybe a thunderstorm or two. And my Sierra dog had a hair cut like I never expected. She's a short-haired dog now, and she looks like a Dingo. Literally. Oh, and I slept in my old room the last two nights; it's yellow with white trim and has a lovely ceiling fan (I seriously love ceiling fans). It was 2 awesome nights of sleep. But when I woke up, reality always seemed to sink in.

I didn't want to go back.

Going home didn't solve any of my problems. It just made me realize how much I miss my family, how much I don't like some of these changes in my life, and how nothing will be the same again. Of course, things can always get better; just because change happens doesn't always mean it's for the negative. But still. It's change.

I have major questions that I want answered. Hehe. Isn't that funny? Don't we all want answers about something or another? Alas, the answer always seems to be, "Trust the Lord and have patience." Yeah, yeah. I know. And I am trying. But we also sometimes have to make decisions. And what do you do when you have to make decisions about things you don't know? *Sigh* Patience is ringing again. :)

Do you ever desperately need to talk to somebody particular, but you don't, for some reason? I want to talk to my mom and/or dad, but I didn't, not about anything deep. And yet, I trust them more than anybody else. Interesting... "It is better to trust in the Lord than to trust in man" (from a Psalm, I forget which one).

Eeek, sometimes I want to make a rash decision. To join the Peace Corps or apply for some English job overseas and just get out of here, leave this life behind. Don't get me wrong, I love some of the things in my life right now, I just can't wait. I have a signed lease on my apartment until July 11, 2007. So I'll definitely be here until then. But after July 11...? Who knows. Only the Lord does. Maybe I'll even be staying here.

Seek Him. Seek Him. Seek Him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home