Monday, June 12, 2006

Not a lot to talk about

Is it possible to help somebody who does not think she can be helped?

I don't think so.

It's possible to love that person, to care for, and to be patient with her. But until the fact that "staying the same is more painful than changing" becomes her mindset, very little can be done.

Often, we say that well, yeah, "I want to be healed, of course," but when it comes down to reality, it is easier to play the role of victim than to stand up for our own actions and to take responsibility. Because when we are no longer the "sweet, innocent victim," that means we are then responsible. And when we are healed and/or being healed, it means we no longer have a cop-out reason for not walking in that healing freedom. In a sick, twisted way, it is easier to be a victim, to revel in our victimization. Now, I'm not saying that those of us who are victims (b/c really, who hasn't been a victim at some point in his/her life?) should forget about it or deny the pain, but there has to come a point in our lives where we claim freedom from that victimization. It is damn hard (forgive my language, but I think it is justified here).

But...it's so much fun reveling in my own misery and victimization. I feel so alive.

After all, it's not my fault, and the world is out to get me.

(Y'all get my sarcasm here? Life can suck sometimes, or a lot of times, to say the least. But a lot of the reason it seems "sucky" is our own attitude. Our attitude toward the world, but even more so, our attitude toward ourselves. Think about that.)

Jesus Christ died to heal the broken and bring freedom. For a purpose. Freedom and healing for a purpose. So that we would no longer be both victims and guilty. But that we might be free and innocent. We also have to claim and believe it.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

Mmm. Good word my friend.

4:28 PM  
Blogger Tania said...

Yeah. You should write more. Like every day, perhaps?

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home