Thursday, July 27, 2006

The end has not yet come

"Our cause is never in more danger than when a human, no longer desiring, but still intending, to do our Enemy's (God's) will, looks round upon a universe from which every trace of Him seems to have vanished, and asks why he has been forsaken, and still obeys."

I had to requote this brief excerpt from C.S. Lewis' Screwtape Letters, which I quoted a while back in one of my previous blogs. It gives me chills. Can you imagine such a faith, such devotion? A person who is so committed to his King that even when his desire has failed, he still intends to, and actually DOES, obey.

I have been blind and lost in this craig before, lost in that deep hidden valley of the shadow of death where every trace of Him seems to have vanished, asking why I was forsaken, but still choosing to obey. I will obey. I only pray that by God's strength and for His glory I will continue on in such a manner, and that God's chosen will continue on, saying, "Not my will but thine be done."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home