Friday, August 11, 2006

Scientology, Christianity, Mormonism--the same thing?

At work on Wednesday, some of my coworkers and I had a discussion about scientology/christianity/mormonism during lunch hour. What kicked me in the stomach was that they held the same view toward Christians as they did for Scientologists and Mormons--that it was a bunch of crazy people who believed in something kinda crazy. I was saddened when one lady said, "You really think that we're the only ones out here in the universe? There's got to be aliens. We are just one speck of dust amidst these billions of other stars and planets out there. We're just a speck of dust." If only she understood her own words. We (singular) are but a speck of dust in the eyes of God, not in the eyes of the universe.

At first, because she was so defensive against what I said (or what the other lady who was a Christian said), I initially started to feel like she was attacking me. How stupid of me. And how selfish. She's not attacking me. Jesus told us that the world hates Him, and will hate us because of Him. Now, this lady doesn't hate me because I am a Christian. In fact, we get along really well. But she sure doesn't agree with me and is not afraid to let me know it. I love it though. Because it gives me a minute chance to actually live my faith in front of somebody who might be watching. And hopefully, one day to share that faith with her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

arent you thankful to work in a place where there are people who do not serve the Lord. i find that it is humbling and definitely drives me passionatley to live my faith out, but at times it is discouraging and hopeless. keep living for Christ and you will hardly need to speak a word to your co-workers, they will simply start asking.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home