Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Sooner than I expected

My heart leapt in my throat, I wanted to throw up, and I started shaking. Yes, it seems quite dramatic, but such was my physical reaction today after talking to my new boss about Colorado because I leave sooner than expected, sooner than I have mentally prepared for!

I leave on Monday, 9/11, for training near Tampa Bay, FL, where I will stay until Wednesday, 9/20, upon which I return to Seattle to embark upon packing for my trip to Brush, CO. Now, all the details at this point are not fully clear yet, because I possibly may be driving my car from Seattle to Brush (but hopefully not). I am scheduled to arrive in Brush not later than the 26th.

Even as I write this, I feel myself wanting to tremble. I'm such a child sometimes! :) But I am truly intimidated. I'll be alone, in a new place, for 3 months. I know, I know...at least I know the language (Tania) and at least it's only 3-4 months! But I've realized lately how very much my loved ones mean to me. I am very blessed. And I am also feeling chaotic about leaving so soon. Thankfully, I have to rely on the Lord for this one, because it's just me and Him, baby! Whew.

I want to cry. (And still, I laugh because it's not THAT long.)

1 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

man, what an experience ash! i'm so excited for you. out of all the people i know, you are by far one of the strongest people, and most qualified (in more than just the technical skills) to be able to do this and do it well. I'm so thrilled for you. And yes, i looked at plane prices again today. :)

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home