Thursday, September 07, 2006

I think I'm going to like this...

After intensive training today (for 8 1/2 *sigh* LONG hours), I feel MUCH better about what I am doing in the next upcoming months. Of course, being in the actual school center in Tampa Bay for a week and a half will greatly improve my confidence and ability level, but I am feeling better today. Oh. And I am feeling loved by my co-workers, who want to take me out to "happy hour" tomorrow after work--that should be interesting! :) Um, what's happy hour? ;)

On another note, I've been realizing just how funny it is to serve the Lord sometimes. Just how much it can and must be a conscious choice to do so. At times, the choosing comes easier than at others. The Lord knows how pig-headed and stubborn I can be! But I'm glad He loves me.

And I was realizing as I wrote in my journal last night (or maybe it was the night before last), that I was going to be alone for the next few months. Of course, we all want friends near, or family, or a special someone. And I (whoopdeedoo) realized that none of these things will be accompanying me on my move. At this point, a little panic set in. But as I wrote all these things about how I'm scared because I won't have a husband to go with me, or a friend, or my mom or dad, or even a brother, I realized yet again that this is reality. In life, even if I have in my life all of the people above mentioned, it is not possible for them all to be with me whenever I need or want them to. The reality hit for real that only the Lord walks closer than a friend, closer than a brother. He won't ever leave, like a friend will. He won't ever move out, like a child will. He won't ever go to work, like a husband will. He won't ever die or get sick, like a parent might. He is always walking with me. Closer and more intimate than a husband, than a parent, than a friend. And I was suddently amazed and so thankful. Not only for myself, but for my friends too--when they face their own journeys, struggles, and decisions when I'm not there. I know that their Lord will be.

Now, I can rest assured when I think about you. Because the Lord will never leave or forsake you. And that brings me peace and courage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home