Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A single word.

It is amazing what words can do...or not do.

1. Yesterday at work, one of the ladies I work with stayed late after our weekly meeting. We were just chatting...talking about groups, pacing, etc (work stuff), but before she left to go, she started to get all teary-eyed, and I thought, "Okay Lord..." When to my surprise, she started thanking me for my work there at the schools. But not just for my work, for my attitude and whatnot there too. She asked me how I, personally, was doing--living alone, being in a new anti-social town, etc.

There's no words to say but I think I now know the meaning of "a blessing."

It truly was that. It was a blessing. It encouraged my heart.

If you ever have people that you work with, or who work for you, make sure that you take time occasionally to bless them, even if you're not "best friends." Because in reality, they might be new, not have any close friends around them, and not have had anybody from within their own company genuinely inquiring about "how they are doing." Amazing what a few genuine words can do.

2. I have a few friends who are supporting me in prayer. And actually being able to pray with people (even if it's over the phone), is SUCH a big deal when you don't have ready access to such. There is such encouragement in prayer--praying for others and having others pray for you. Thank you. Amazing what a few genuine words can do--and it only takes 15 minutes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

i love it. when we take a simple moment out of our day to encourage another person, it so often means so much. i am really glad that you are being supported and encouraged like that for the work you are doing attitude. not only that, but for being who you are. you are a strong woman and your character is clearly evident to those people as that woman said. i love it, i love it.

ps- i will call you soon and we will pray too because i know what it's like to be away from people who really know you who will take the time to pray for you like you need.

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home