Saturday, October 14, 2006

Buy a parrot?

Hot chocolate, maple & brown sugar oatmeal, a book, and a fuzzy blanket.

These 4 things kept me company last night, probably the hardest night so far! Work is stressful (understatement).

And last night as I was crying in frustration (please, don't feel sorry), I thought this thought to God, "Okay God, I'm sure I'm here to learn something since I'm on my own, but please let me learn it fast and learn it during this trip so I don't have to make such a lonely trip again." It was kind of funny. I mean, there's only a few months left, and I have all that I need! But the irony is: though I am enjoying and will someday be thankful for this time alone, I don't think I ever want to do it again.

I'm looking at a job option in Bangkok, Thailand. It probably won't work out at this point in my life (still young), but in the future I want to be traveling and overseas.

If ever I thought that I wanted to spend my life with somebody and recognized the value of companionship, I have not realized it more than while I've been here. If y'alls desire is great right now, living with other people in a familiar place...

If I ever have to live on my own, or never get married or something really SCARY and unappealing like that...I'm going to do one of two things. I'll either become a foster parent/adopt a child. Or I'll be a crazy old lady with a ton of dogs and a big ol' house on a farm, with horses. No more of this "apartment with no t.v., no internet, no phone, no radio." It's very quiet. Too quiet.

I think I might buy a parrot.... :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

are you not allowed to have radios in your apartment? cause if so, that's ridiculous and if you can, you should buy one. then you can play music and sing while you are in the shower and while you get ready in the morning and when you make dinner and whenever you darn well like to because no one is in your apartment to say that they dont like your music.

ps- adopting/fostering is a terrific idea, in my opinion, whether you marry or not. and the parrot...they can get perty annoying you know. but, desparate times call for desparate measures. :)

10:49 PM  
Blogger julz said...

hmm, no parrot. then you'd have to bring him home, and then he'd smell, and make noises at night...i think we should just get a dog. :) i miss you too.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home