Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thoughts on the eve of the eve of Thanksgiving

1. If you have Oswald Chambers' "My Utmost for his Highest" devotional, then read yesterday's entry, from November 20th. I don't think I've ever read a more powerful entry.

2. I just started getting nervous about something. The fact that if the schools here in Brush begin post-testing, and the students don't do well, it may be a reflection on MY inability! Agh. Okay, I know that means I am not trusting the Lord right now, but the thought just hit me a few minutes ago.

3. Also, I realized that people are not perfect. (You might say "duh.") But with imperfection comes imperfect results. Though I am working as the professional development consultant here--to teach, refine, and lead the implementation of our programs, there is still room for error. Whenever you are leading others, though you may be leading, you are not actually doing what it is you are teaching the others how to do (if that makes sense). For example, as I'm leading these teachers and paras to implement our program, it is still THEM who are implementing, not me and not someone from Lindamood-Bell. It will still never be ideal. And such information I have to keep in mind regarding results.

4. It's almost Thanksgiving. I am very thankful right now. Very thankful. And it's about two things. One, I'm thankful for God's provision and saving grace. Two, I'm thankful for the people I love. (I guess that is three things...)

5. Less than 30 days and I'll be back in Seattle. But I am very excited to continue here at Brush. The relationships with teachers and students that have grown are priceless. One little boy, just today, raced by me on his crutches after school and said, "Bye Ashley, Happy Thanksgiving!" I smiled and called the same after him. He is one of the sweetest kids in group. (Can I have favorites?) :)

Jesus is good!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

hey, you can do it! i am so excited to hear how those presentation go. just smile and be honest when you dont know the answer and the rest of the time be confident even if you have to fake it...and they will adore you! you will charm them.

cant wait to see you in approximately one month, ashley erin!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home