Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My day

So I got up today, just like every other day, and got ready for work.

Annoyingly, the ice-scraper that AVIS (the place my car is rented from) left me with a really WONDERFUL ice-scraper. It's more like an ice-teaser. So I froze my tooshie off trying desperately to shave off a few strips of ice. That settled, I drove to work. The middle school was my tromping ground today.

You know what's funny? In a weird way, I LIKE adversity. I ENJOY when things don't go perfectly and I have to problem-solve in order to come to decisions. Work was stressful in that sense. A teacher quit, so we had to re-arrange groups, only to find out that this teacher had not been properly implementing Lblp. SO. In comes the principal. Had to deal with it. Whew.

As I sped down the road on my way to kickboxing after work, I thought, "Strangely, I enjoyed this day of difficulty." The hours flew by (as this entire week has), I didn't think even ONCE about the other stresses in life, and...I solved problems! Maybe that's why it felt so good. The problems were solved, taken care of. I felt needed, though the thought of being inadequate did creep in, and overall it was an enjoyable day. I handled potential volatile situations well. All glory to God, for giving me the strength and ability to do so. I pray the future days result so well.

PLUS. I was able to work with the COOLEST kid. He is one of my favorites. In regular class, I hear that he is a terror behaviorally. But one-on-one or in small settings, he is so SWEET. I like him a lot. :) So those are some of my closing thoughts to my Wednesday. Hope you had a good one.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tania said...

I agree.

6:46 AM  
Blogger Dulcinator said...

adversity stretches and grows us. it seems without it, we would be so immature and childish in our maturity levels. glad you are maturing daily! :) sometimes people dont. they are just babied through each and every new day.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home