Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The strength it takes...

What strength it takes to make a decision.

I've had to tell myself many times--flee temptation.

And I take those words to heart, not just metaphorically, but literally. Flee.

According to dictionary.com, the first definition of flee means "to run away, as from danger or pursuers; take flight." It is a verb...a grammatical particle that necessitates ACTION. Literally, get up and run away. Literally, wrench the thoughts from danger and into truth. "Take captive every thought."

We are in a battle, a battle between our flesh and the Spirit (Romans 7 & 8).

A battle is a matter of endurance, of perserverance. If we EVER give up, throw the towel in, we have succumbed to loss and allowed the enemy victory. Allowed. The enemy can never take it, we give it. I will NOT give it.

If you say you are giving it your "all" in the choice of "all or nothing," then it is final. Done. Finished. "All" never stops--it's like saying vows to your spouse BEFORE GOD--"No matter what comes, I will not forsake you." As simple as that. The daily choices are difficult, but the condition of the heart in saying, "Lord, I gave you my all, and that means it was finished then and today and tomorrow," is the crucial factor. All. Or nothing. If you make the choice, don't even dare to make it half-heartedly. Steel yourself, and solidify it. That's why covenants are sealed in blood. Our covenant with the Lord was sealed in Jesus' blood. That's why the covenant between husband and wife is sealed in blood. It. Is. All. That's why we are told to count the cost before we say, "Yes, I'll take up my cross and follow you, Lord." All.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home