Thursday, February 15, 2007

The day after V-day

We serve an awesome God, don't we?

I can't tell you how much I feel that I've been through the valley "of the shadow of death" (though it's not THAT tragic) and have FINALLY come out the other side! Seriously, since I've first started work in Colorado (back in September) now is the first time that I believe I've experienced break-through!

Last night I read an incredible section in My Utmost--about walking through times of darkness. And how when we walk in darkness, our responsibility should not be to react, but to listen. Now, I can't say that I haven't reacted--because I sure have. But in the end, I'm humbled and learning to listen better. There are still a couple months to go...but I believe it is going to be better from now on! Not peachy always, but better. A peach smoothie sure sounds good though...

So yesterday was Valentine's Day. And it's the first Valentine's Day that I've ever actually had a "valentine" in my entire life. And where is he? He's in India (praise God--he's serving the Lord and doing great things...that makes it better).

But guess what. He surprised me and called last night on Vday! It was just the Lord that I even had my phone on me! We talked for, like, 3 minutes, but prayed for each other and it put a smile on my face the rest of the night. I felt like a school-girl--and I probably looked like a dork smiling like I was!

As a dear friend wrote to me in email, though. We are loved by a powerful, always faithful Husband--our Maker and Sustainer! I'm so thankful for that. He's always with me, always near.

Well, it's been a good week for me--I hope it's been for you!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

Yeah!! that's what it's all about. Ash, i am so happy for you. those breakthroughs are what reminds us of how faithful the Lord truly is. I'm so glad to hear it. And super glad to hear about the phone call! cool! Talk to you soon friend...

1:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home