Sunday, February 11, 2007

I need some beauty




This is the most beautiful picture, isn't it? I posted it because right now, I hate it here. I really do. It hurts me to say that. It makes me think one of two things. One: that I disobeyed the Lord in coming here. Or. Two: that I am being disobedient now while I am here.

I just read a few posts from last February, and let me tell you, I am so glad that I DON'T know the future. If I had known the pain I would go through this year, I would not want to do it. If I had known in taking this job the anger, pain, and loneliness, I would not have taken it. I have never felt more angry, more frustrated, more useless in my entire life.

This is how I feel right now: "O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, 'This is the way; walk in it'" (Isaiah 30.19-21).

Oh just reading the Word speaks life! I really miss nature, so I am posting some beautiful pictures that my mom sent to me.







Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

ashley, that freakin' sucks. i am so sorry that you are feeling so strongly bad now about colorado. i dont feel like it came out that strong when we talked yesterday, but i pray that you will receive hope from the Lord and that your feelings will be only for a time. remember, life occurs is seasons. this colorado work is only for a season and that season will end in may. not too much longer. you know that nichole nordeman song every season? if you dont i will send you the words, but i love it because it speaks to the ever-changing patterns of life and how we change and grow and endure crap only to come out stronger filled with new life because the Lord is the one who is taking us through the changes. i love that. it is a very tender and meaningful song for me because it is so true. this is only for a season. there is purpose in it. you have quite likely not disobeyed. hope in the Lord. Isaiah 40:28-31. check it out, ash. ps- the word verification password that blogger.com gave me this time has the word "joy" embedded in that. how's that for irony?

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home