Monday, February 05, 2007

The joy of life is sharing it!

It's true! I walked into my hotel and my jaw dropped. It's huge, fancy, with chandeliers, in-hotel restaurant, workout room, indoor & outdoor pool, sauna, king-size bed with feather bedding, 12-storied, one entire wall is a giant window with a view over-looking downtown Denver & the Rockies, laden with marble-work, etc etc etc. And alas, I was unable to squeel like a girl, jump on the feather-bed, and run through the large halls BECAUSE...it's just not fun to do alone! I wish some friends were here to experience the glory.

I guess it's not really truly glorious. With friends in India, homeless people on the street corners of Commerce City, gangs in the schools here, and most students under the poverty line, it's not the least bit truly glorious. It's pleasurable, but not glorious. Fleeting.

My new job has started here in Adams County, Denver. The most difficult school has been passed on to me. Not because I can handle it (which I can), but because I'll be here the least amount of time and will ultimately have to deal with it the least. However. It's a fast learning curve. Tomorrow I sit in on groups and classrooms. I don't have all of my materials, so I can't really study up, as I would like to do.

Also, many thoughts plague my mind. The first is: I'm beginning to realize the crucial aspect of a balanced life. Balanced Christianity. If we live as Christians, bouncing from high to high, we won't survive the low-times. Christianity is not about how we feel--when we're on mission trips, when we're leading small groups, when we're in worship Sunday morning. Rather, it's not ONLY about these times. If all of this was ripped from my grasp, and I was left immobile in a hospital room somewhere in the middle of Bangledesh, with no penny to my name, the world seemingly in crumbles around me, it is here that I should be just as Christian as when I'm preaching to an attentive crowd on Sunday (not that I preach). It's the mundane of life. The everyday. The breaking up of relationships, the losing of loved ones, the ailing of health, the rumor and reality of wars--it is HERE that I should be Christian. Worshipping God for He is good. Always.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home