Monday, February 12, 2007

I bought myself something

You know what is the one object that ALWAYS lifts my spirits?

A flower.

So I bought a single rose with 2 white foreign mumms in a contemporary vase 2 days ago. They brighten up my room and my heart! I never thought I'd really be so girly. :) I want flowers, a garden of my own someday, like the one my great-grandma had. Something rich and lush that you can get lost in, even if it's just your backyard.

Praise God, work was better today. We can live!

Here is the question I've been asking myself (among many): Can one event shatter my faith?

If my answer is yes, then my reply is: what faith?

But my answer is no. My rock is the Rock of Ages! Wouldn't it be awesome to have been Simon, the one who was a disciple of Jesus? Because one day Jesus turned to Simon and called him petros--rock. How weird that would have seemed, "hey buddy, I'm gonna call you rock from now on." But Petros became the rock from which Christ built the early church! Someday in heaven, when we're given new names, I wonder what they'll be...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

oh ash, i love it! flowers do just the thing when you need it. Funny how that happens. I'm so glad you got some. i think when God made flowers, He had us in mind. seriously, they're one of my favorite creations.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home