Saturday, February 24, 2007

Life is a major-motion...scrapbook?

It's somewhat late on a Saturday night...well actually it's almost 10pm. You might laugh at me for calling that "late." And I might laugh at myself. :) I'm feeling better now, getting over the flu, praise the Lord! It's no fun being sicky girl. Anyways...I decided today to tackle a project that usually much eludes me and almost frightens me away: scrapbooking. My dear friend Julie bought me a little kit for Christmas. Alas, it has sat under a pile of books since then. Oh, on occasion I have pulled it out, flipping through the multi-colored pages in fascination, my skin tingling with dread...

I am not good at crafts.

However, though I recognize and admit my weakness, I have an immense appreciation for artistic design in any form. I do enjoy pictures, and don't have anything personal against scrapbooking--it just eludes me, as I mentioned before. My initial thought when I think of a person who scrapbooks is very stereotypical: a stay-at-home mom (I hope I don't offend anyone here). HOWEVER!! Many many many friends scrapbook. And now I do too. Sorry for the misperception...

With the wind (literally) blowing in torrents around me, I bundled into my car and musically expressed my joy to some country music as I made my way to Wal-Mart, my new favorite store (as it seems to be the only one in Brush). I printed off about 39 pictures from my digital camera (YEAH for digital cameras) and proceeded home. My little periwinkle-blue Chevy Aveo almost blew off Highway-34.

Let me tell you. Despite my weakness in craftiness...when I tackle a project, I tackle it as though I am a 6'5" 225 pound line-backer for the Seahawks, instead of a 5'10" 130 pound woman getting over a cold. :) In my opinion, my scrapbook called "life" (very original, I know) is AMAZING. It's amazing for two reasons. One, I don't scrapbook, so I'm pretty proud of myself for doing it. Two, it ain't half bad. Plus, it's fun to look at. Hehe. I just made myself laugh. I love Elf...

My intention in creating this masterpiece is to express and document the rollercoaster ride of life that was (and still is) my first year after finishing undergraduate work (i.e. college, I'm just excited to start grad school this August...).

You may not believe me when I say I did scrapbook. However, ask me to see it, and I may just let you witness my "life" in pictures. (In reality, it doesn't really do justice to the experience of being in Colorado, but hey, I tried.)

You may also be proud of me. I changed 5 lightbulbs today. And they weren't easy to change. Boo-yah.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dulcinator said...

way to go, little lady. i cant wait to see it when you bring it home. i hope to eventually conquer the same beast as you. scrapbooking seems so daunting. arg. nice work gettin' 'er done, though!

9:22 AM  
Blogger julz said...

way to go! way to conquer your artsy fear. i totally feel the same but you know-once you get in the mood, you can whip out some uber cool stuff. Just think! you could make a handmade card, just like elf. :)

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home