Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Home again, home again, jiggety jig

This little pig.

:)

I'm home again! YAY!! It is wonderful to be moved back in with my roommates, and I almost feel like I never even left. Oh the irony.

But then I think back to the many long, silent nights where I was entertained by one of several things: dvd's, phone conversations, worship, cooking, reading, or...well...that's about it. And then I remember what I went through before being home again, home again, and everything is once again "jiggety jig."

Work is swell. I jumped right back into things. Still haven't recovered from lack of sleep. But somehow I'm awake and thriving. Probably all of the adrenaline from being back home.

Also, fyi: things are much better concerning my faith. I have walked through the valley and survived. Still pressing on toward holiness. Many questions remain unanswered, but then I didn't expect them to be answered wholly. That'll happen eventually. I just know that, for some reason, this awesome God I serve actually loves me--the sick, sinful, blackened Ashley. And he doesn't just love me, "the King is enthralled with [my] beauty"--and yours too. Sometimes, you just have to battle the lies in the mind and defeat it with the truth of Christ and Scripture. He's set us free SO THAT we might be FREE INDEED. Hallelu.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

So glad you made it home safe and with your faith strengthened. I also have so many questions but at some point you just allow there to be things you don't understand. I figure I could spend my life trying to figure some things out and never be able to anyway, so I will just keep a list of stuff to ask God when I get to meet him LOL!
I don't think I have ever had such a large group of very close friends - I think that is totally cool! I must admit I am a little envious. :)

Glad you're back safe.

AJ

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home