Sunday, April 15, 2007

The attractiveness of good manners

They say that chivalry is out of date?

I DON'T THINK SO, you deceived super-womanists out there!

Chivalry will never be out of date.

Good manners are incredibly attractive to a woman who knows herself and is confident in her femininity. Any man should want to know that: Good manners = I want you baby! :)

So what are a few good manners that we women (or perhaps I should just say, I, Ash) love?

(And yes, to my bf who will probably read this: despite all your incorrigibilty, I know these traits reside within you!) :)

Super Important Ones:
1. Loves the Lord God above all things and desires to glorify Him.
2. Tenderness of heart
3. Speaks kindly most of the time, but knows when to raise his voice
4. Seeks to honor and respect everyone
5. Intelligent, but puts his faith before opinion.
6. Knows how to respect a woman. Because if a man knows how to respect a woman, he most likely respects himself and others.

Not-Super-Important, but still really good:
1. Doesn't always have to open doors for women, but when he does, it isn't just for his wife or gf, but for any woman.
2. Can be dorky and still confident
3. Knows how to cook and is willing to cook on occasion (sadly, I don't really qualify in this one myself! I'm not a good cook at this point, though I am willing to cook. Maybe my mom will teach me some good stuff when I move back home...) :)
4. Likes nature!
5. Willingness to write letters that are longer than one line. (mwah hah hah) :)
6. Doesn't mind giving flowers and being romantic.

Okay, enough of my cheesy-ness. I know, I know...these are all ideals, no man, no HUMAN, can live up to these perfectly. In reality, the "super-important ones" are traits that "well-mannered" men AND women should possess. The "not so important" ones are just for fun. *smile*

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Prince Phillip said...

You need to meet my friend Devin from Alaska. The most chivalrous man alive.

One common theme I've found in chivalrous men is their love for Ronald Reagan...... and possibly, the modern Knight of Chivalry will respect Fred Thompson. John Roberts, Supreme Court Judge, is chivalrous. Cheney... no. Bush...no. Thompson? I hope so. Fred Thompson for President.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I totally agree! One of the reasons I picked my husband out of several men I was dating at the time was the fact that he always opened the car door for me when we went out. (the other was his awesome sense of humor!)

3:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home