Thursday, March 08, 2007

I'm addicted...

Yes, I have to admit something.

I'm addicted.

To what? you might ask?

Well...have you ever been to Wal-mart, and when you walked in you saw the aisles of holiday cookies somewhere near the front, usually along a wall? If you pay attention, you will find white holiday sugar cookies, decorated with frosting of some color that best matches the nearest holiday. Last month, the cookies were decorated white and pink with sprinkles (for Valentine's Day). This month, they're decorated white and green with sprinkles (for St. Patty's day). They cost $2.50 for a box of 12. FYI.

And these cookies are delicious. *sigh* You have discovered my weakness. One of many.

But my weaknesses usually involve one of several possibilities:

1. Food
2. Nature
3. Romance
4. Literature

By "weakness," I mean: that which makes me weak in resistance. Good food: I'm there. Beautiful scenery: Don't make me leave! Sweet romance: I should probably run away (for now). ;) Brilliant writing: I'm up all night.

So there you have it. Four little insights into me.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger julz said...

LOFTHOUSE COOKIES!!! i know exactly what you're talking about! my mom absolutely loves them and we get them all the time in Tejas! maybe you should get a package when you venture back to WA and i can give one to my mom. I'm glad you found the delight in those!

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stacy ~ You're such a girl - comfort food, romance, books and beautiful scenery, what more does a woman need?

6:01 PM  
Blogger Dulcinator said...

hmm, who's stacy? yeah.

well, those cookie ookie ookies of goodness, i am glad that you have found them on the glorious shelves of walmart. not discovered them myself as i have only been to walmart about 5 occasions in my little lifetime.

take pleasure it what is most meaningful to you, my friend.

11:22 PM  
Blogger Ginger said...

You made me smile. My dad is also addicted to those cookies. You should have heard my parents on Valentines' day - hehe - they went to five (count them, FIVE!) grocery stores trying to find a box of those cookies for my dad. Hmm... sounds curiously like a pregnancy craving, which coming from my dad is a little unnerving. Anyway, thought you would get a kick out of this story. Hope all is going well for you. Miss you!

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home