Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Cruisin' the countryside

So I enjoyed a bike ride with a lady from work (and her 12-year-old nephew) this evening after work. It was rad.

First off, the nephew is the coolest. He does 4H, has his own calf he's raising, and seems to have a grasp on some of the important things of life. Like the fact that money is not everything (I'm always impressed by kids who can live happily without the most expensive items).

Second, we biked for about 4 miles. Yep. My legs are a wee bit sore. It was great.

Third, the lady's relatives are German. Her mother grew up in Germany under Hitler's reign, and the mother's 2 brothers served in Hitler's regime. At one point, they were both POWs before Germany started losing the war. It was fascinating because this mother had NO idea what Hitler's army really did until later. She really remembers thinking (regarding the Jews in her neighborhood who suddenly started disappearing) "Where are all the Jews going?" No idea until later that Hitler was insane and a murderer. Fascinating. Hard to imagine. Something like modern day North Korea?

Fifth, I'm so torn! I love the city AND the country. Maybe I'll have a little farm in the middle of a city. A happy medium.

Sixth, honestly, I'm a little nervous to move back into our small apartment with my roommates. I've had so much space here by myself. And now? Sharing a teeny room, with a teeny closet (shared by TWO girls), and sleeping in a small bunkbed? Eek. It does not sound appealing! :) I love my roomies. But I'm going to miss the joy of breathing space. Sleeping space. Whoo, I hope I don't feel like I did last summer. Ashley, pray. Breathe. You can do it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger AngiLove said...

I responded to your most recent comment on my blog. It's confusing trying to figure out if I should respond to your comments on my blog or yours, but I responded under the post according to perezhilton.com

9:52 AM  
Blogger AngiLove said...

are you on myspace? If you are visit me at http://www.myspace.com/goddessangelina and I will add you as a friend :-)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Ginger said...

Ash, you can do it. The whole small living quarters is only for a short while and I think you will enjoy the time with the girls again. And then you will be living with your parents and will get your own room again. You;re almost there! Hooray!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home